A big thank you to all the members who volunteered to be part of a Working Group back in April.
This has made a tremendous difference to how the committee and club now works as there are a number of ready and willing volunteers happy to be called upon to muck in whether it be for a club event, training, bosun work or smartening up the clubhouse.
So now we are at the time of year for Committee Elections – which as agreed in April will take place in October when club life starts to quieten down.
I am hopeful that for those that have got involved with the Working Groups you can now see the value in being a voice that feeds back for the good of the club.
To comply with our constitution we do need a full committee. We have some committee members who have served for a long time and now wish to stand down.
So this is a call out for all members to consider being a voice on the Committee as we have many roles vacant.
What to do next
- The form below lists the roles
- Where a name is beside the role, this is where the current committee member has indicated they are happy to continue in the role if no other interest is shown
- Where there is no name beside the role, the current committee member has indicated they wish to stand down
- This means any member can apply for any role they are interested in
- Any committee roles that have two or more members submit their interest, this will then go to a club members vote via an online voting form.
- 13 September applications open
- Wednesday 3rd October 12pm, applications close
- Where there are 2 or more submissions for a role, applicants will be contacted and a short manifesto statement will be requested, so all club members can then vote for their preferred candidate through an online form. This will close 10th October
- 19 October new committee will be announced
Applications must be received by 12pm, Wednesday 3rd October 2018.